RS Used Oil
Monee, IL, USA

Printer Friendly Version
a.k.a./f.k.a.:No known alias
CHWMEG Report Number:H910.0
Member Interest: This facility is currently being tracked by 4 members
(Member interest is not related to how many members use this facility.)
*Location Map:Google Maps
Review Program
(Visit Date):

There is 1 more review conducted prior to 2014 not shown.
Description of Services:The facility processes used oil. About 95% of the incoming used oil is used auto crankcase oil from generators (i.e., quick oil change facilities). The remaining 5% is from industrial accounts. All of the incoming used oil comes to the facility in RS Used Oil trucks; all used oil shipments to the facility are in bulk. The facility will bring in used oil with up to about 20% water, provided it is not emulsified and is relatively easy to separate. The facility does not transfer any used oil offsite without treatment.

Processing consists of gravity separation of water from the used oil. Before being put in tankage, the incoming used oil is filtered through a cloth filter to remove any incoming solids. The solids are placed in a drum and sent offsite for disposal. There is no onsite demulsification or heat addition to the used oil. After some residence time in the tank (typically several days), the oil and water gravity separate. The oil is skimmed off the top of the process tank, recirculated through a filter, and piped to a product oil tank. When the product oil tank is full, it is locked out and analyzed for customer specifications. It is then shipped out as an on-spec burner fuel to local asphalt plants, if in construction season, or to an offsite lease tank for storage, if not during the construction season.

Description Date:2009 Facility Review Program
Facility Location Map:

*CHWMEG, Inc. cannot guarantee the accuracy of the maps. Maps are for informational purposes only. The latitude and longitude for this map are from the most recent CHWMEG facility review.