Facility Detail

Peoria Disposal Company (PDC)
CHWMEG Report Number (for most recent Report): H187.1

Location:4349 Southport Road
Peoria, IL, USA 61615

POC: Ron Welk; Director of Operations


EPA ID Number:ILD000805812

Review Program (Visit Date):2004 (5/4/2004)
2000 (4/11/2000)

Description of Services:There are three basic waste management operations at the site. The primary operation at the facility is the landfilling of hazardous waste. Approximately 175,000 tons per year of waste are disposed at the site. Of this total, about 70% is hazardous, with the remaining 30% being nonhazardous. In support of the landfilling, the facility has a stabilization and solidification unit. Two samples from each stabilized batch are taken. Each load is tested by an offsite lab which does a bench scale test; and if it passes the TCLP test, it is taken to the active landfill cell for disposal. In 2002, PDC had to re-treat less than 0.1% of the treated materials. Additionally, the facility has a wastewater treatment facility to handle the leachate from the landfill as well as some commercial industrial wastewater.

Description Date:2004 Facility Review Program

Phone:(309) 688-0760

**Latitude:40.7248 (40° 43' 29" N)
**Longitude:-89.6579 (89° 39' 28" W)

**The latitude and longitude for this facility are from the most recent CHWMEG facility review.