NOTE: CHWMEG Inc. is not affiliated with this facility in any way. 
CHWMEG Inc. does not approve any facilities. 
 
 

Facility Detail

WM Pheasant Run Landfill
(No known alias)
CHWMEG Report Number: H609.0


City, State/Prov, Country:Bristol, Wisconsin, USA

Member Interest: This facility is currently being tracked by 8 members
(Member interest is not related to how many members use this facility.)

*Location Map:Google Maps

Review Program
(Visit Date):

There are 1 more reviews conducted prior to 2013 not shown.

Description of Services:Solid waste landfill. About 90% of the incoming waste is municipal solid waste (MSW). Most of the remaining 10% of incoming wastes consists of food wastes and yard wastes that are composted onsite. In addition, some liquid waste is solidified onsite. Finally the facility used to bring in petroleum contaminated soils (PCS) for bio-treatment. However, in the last couple years this activity has decreased considerably due to market conditions. The facility is currently stock-piling the incoming PCS, waiting for a large enough volume on hand to economically treat the waste.

The three treatment operations conducted onsite are described individually below.

  • BIO-TREATMENT: When petroleum contaminated soils are processed, they are treated with diamonium phosphate that is mixed into the soil with a dozer every 2-3 ft of vertical lift. The fertilizer is applied in a ratio of 1 part fertilizer to 3 parts pcs. The total piles are between 12' and 15' in height. They are typically about 150' by 250'. Piles are generally 20,000 tons to 30,000 tons in size.
  • SOLIDIFICATION: Solidification is performed in a 30-yd steel box buried within the footprint of the Northeast Expansion. Foundry sands and wood chips are used as reagents. They are mixed in with the waste with a back hoe. Treated wastes are confirmed with a paint filter test and disposed of in the Northeast Expansion.
  • Composting of food waste (spent mash from a local food manufacturer); and also the more typical process of composting yard waste.

Description Date:2005 Facility Review Program

Facility Location Map:

*CHWMEG, Inc. cannot guarantee the accuracy of the maps. Maps are for informational purposes only. The latitude and longitude for this map are from an approximation of the facility address and other data.