NOTE: CHWMEG Inc. is not affiliated with this facility in any way. 
CHWMEG Inc. does not approve any facilities. 
 
 

Facility Detail

Holcim (Canada), Inc.
(a.k.a./f.k.a.: St. Lawrence Cement; Holnam)
CHWMEG Report Number: H542.1


City, State/Prov, Country:Mississauga, Ontario, Canada

Member Interest: This facility is currently being tracked by 4 members
(Member interest is not related to how many members use this facility.)

*Location Map:Google Maps

Review Program
(Visit Date):

There are 2 more reviews conducted prior to 2012 not shown.

Description of Services:Cement kiln that burns spent chlorinated solvents as both a supplement to coal, and as a process addition to reduce the alkali content of the product clinker. Materials are thoroughly screened before shipment, and are delivered directly to burn tanks; no blending is conducted on-site.

Petroleum coke is the primary kiln fuel, supplying about 80% of required heat. The remaining 20% is supplied by a combination of spent chlorinated solvents and waste oil (bunker oil may be used for kiln start-up). Spent chlorinated solvents generate acid gases when burned, and are specifically permitted to reduce alkalinity of clinker product (must be at least 2% chlorine content). Waste oil is also permitted as a supplemental fuel. Chlorinated solvent usage is limited to maximum 200 liters/minute, while waste oil is limited to maximum 68 liters per minute.


Description Date:2010 Facility Review Program

Facility Location Map:

*CHWMEG, Inc. cannot guarantee the accuracy of the maps. Maps are for informational purposes only. The latitude and longitude for this map are from the most recent CHWMEG facility review.